A Professional Electrical Contractor Explains
Knowing more about electrical failures will help you take the necessary steps before a dangerous situation happens. And remember, no matter how minor the issue might seem, you should not make any attempts to do your own repairs. You have to hire an established electrical contractor. Here are a few troublesome things to look out for:
- Circuit breaker problems. The circuit breaker will trip when a circuit is overloaded. It shuts off the electricity supply to prevent potential overheating that could start a fire. However, breakers can also trip when they become old. So, if you experience periodical tripping, you can try to plug your appliance into another circuit. If they become too frequent, you should consult with an expert.
- Electrical shocks. Feeling a mild shock when touching an appliance is a sure sign of a ground fault in the appliance or improper wiring. But one thing is for sure, this case is not normal and it should be addressed immediately by a legitimate contractor.
- Hot ceiling light fixtures. Checking the area around your ceiling light fixtures is a good idea because all fixtures must be well insulated. If you feel a warmth, you may have exceeded the maximum recommended bulb wattage for the light fixture, this can lead to overheating. So, you have to be extremely careful about this issue because it can be a fire hazard.
- Flickering lights. Flickering lights are often an indication of a loose or defective light bulb. Try to replace the light bulb and if this doesn’t help, you will need professional help from an electrical contractor as the problem could be in the light fixture.
- Light switches and electrical outlets that are not working. This is another common home electrical problem. There could be loose wiring or the outlet could be cracked internally, look out for loose plugs at the receptacle or plugs that partially fall out. Both cases could be very dangerous for your household.
If you experience any trouble with your domestic electrical system, you can rely on CT Ring Electric Co. for effective and timely repairs and replacements. We are located in Asheville, NC and will be glad to assist you. Just call us at (828) 251-2132.